Know Before You Go
*updated 2019 map coming soon*
Queen City Ex Designated Smoking Areas
Evraz Place permits smoking in designated areas only. These areas will be shared soon! Check back for updates.
Bags, Purses and Backpacks
Visitors are welcome to bring non-framed backpacks, bags and purses. Please note that all bags will be searched at the gate to ensure the safety of all of our guests.
Outside Food and Drink
We work very hard to keep food and beverages on site safe, which is why we don’t allow outside items to be brought in. Use your own personal discretion for individual dietary needs. Sealed, non-glass bottles of still water (not flavoured or carbonated) up to one litre are allowed. Fairgoers can bring as many bottles of water they want as long as they are sealed and one litre or under. Empty, refillable water bottles are also allowed and can be re-filled from water fountains found inside the Brandt Centre.
We recommend you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat, wallet, earplugs, rain gear and bug spray, depending on the weather and activities you’re planning to participate in.
Professional cameras (digital SLR, mirrorless or other interchangeable-lens cameras) and recording devices are not allowed except for accredited media personnel. Small point-and-shoot or cell phone cameras are welcome.
The following items are not allowed on the Queen City Ex grounds:
- Alcohol or illegal substances
- Coolers and outside food and beverages (excluding those listed above)
- Opened bottles, cans or glass containers
- Mechanically enhanced noisemakers such as air horns or sirens
- Remote-controlled vehicles including drones or other aerial vehicles
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller skates or roller shoes (e.g. Heelys)
- Motorized vehicles except for mobility aids
- Pets (except for registered service animals)
- Laser pointers or pens
- Weapons and dangerous devices such as explosives, handcuffs, tools, knives, martial arts instruments, etc.
- Offensive or gang-affiliated clothing
- Any other items security personnel determines could be illegal or dangerous to other guests
- Any unauthorized advertising
The use of any illegal drugs on the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Brandt Centre west lobby
- Brandt Centre, northeast lobby
- International Trade Centre west lobby
- International Trade Centre, Hall B
- International Trade Centre, Hall C
- Brandt Centre SE Brandt Centre Lobby
- AffinityPlex lobby (Tim Hortons)
- AffinityPlex east lobby
- AffinityPlex south Lobby
- The Co-operators lower level
- Agribition Building lobby
- Banner Hall lobby
- Queensbury Centre foyer