IS THE 2021 QCX GOING FORWARD?
YES! Based on the Government of Saskatchewan’s re-open plan we are able to move forward with QCX 2021.
WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE 2021 QCX?
Friday Aug 20th
Saturday Aug 21st
Sunday Aug 22nd
(2 Day Break )
Wednesday Aug 25th
Thursday Aug 26th
Friday Aug 27th
Saturday Aug 28th
Sunday Aug 29th
This brings our exhibition from 5 days to 8 days.
WHY THE NEW DATES?
Due to the rerouting of the midway circuit, we are able to provide an extended fair experience!
WILL THERE BE CONCERTS?
Yes! We have a packed grandstand for the duration of QCX. Click HERE
to check out the concert series.
WILL ALL THE RIDES BE COMING BACK?
The Midway Circuit has many of your favourites returning for 2021. Watch our site for more details.
WHAT PROGRAMS WILL BE ONSITE?
Many of our outdoor programs will be returning. Check out the daily schedule HERE
WILL THERE BE A RODEO?
Yes! In partnership with CWA the Pile O Bones Rodeo is back for 2021.
WHEN WILL TICKETS BE AVAILABLE?
Tickets are available for purchase now online at www.queencityex.com or through Sherwood Co-op locations.
WILL TICKET PRICES BE HIGHER?
No, Gate and Midway tickets will be the same as 2019. Concerts are included in all gate admissions. There will be VIP packages available, and all details will be released on June 21.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS? WILL THERE BE ‘EARLY BIRD’ PACKAGES?
Tickets are available for purchase online at www.queencityex.com or through Sherwood Co-op locations. Early bird pricing is in effect on Daytripper passes until July 31, 2021.
WHAT IS THE QCX'S TICKET POLICY?
All tickets sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
ARE THE CONCERTS A SEPARATE TICKET/COST?
No, your gate admission, on its own, or as part of Day Tripper, gets you into ALL THE CONCERTS.
WHAT IS ADMISSION TO THE RODEO?
The rodeo is included in your gate admission , on its own, or as part of Day Tripper.
WILL PASSES FROM LAST YEARS MINI-DONUT EVENT BE HONOURED?
Yes they will be.
WILL THERE BE PARKING?
There will be limited parking on site. Consider taking transit when ever possible.
WILL YOU ACCEPT CASH ON SITE?
Yes, some vendors will accept cash and some won’t. There will be a limited number of cash reverse ATMs on site.
WILL YOU BE HIRING?
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES CAN I EXPECT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED DURING THE 2021 QCX?
As we welcome you back to our campus, the following measures will be in place to create a safe experience while on Evraz Place. We will be monitoring the guidelines set out by SHA and will be adjusting as we move through the re-opening phases.
Guest ambassadors will be on-site to monitor and guide the flow of guests; ambassadors will be able to assist with any questions.
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the venue, including at building and event room entrances.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly, including door handles, elevator and accessibility buttons, handrails, escalators, ATMs, counters and room controls.
- Established washroom capacities will be in place and trained personnel will monitor regularly and perform enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices.
- Contactless payments at retail outlets including concessions.
Signage placed throughout the venue to remind guests of how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as per Saskatchewan Health Services recommendations:
- Stay home and isolate if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Wearing a mask in indoor public spaces to limit the risk of spreading to others.
- Practice good hand hygiene with regular hand washing and using hand sanitizer.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK?
Currently the province requires the use of a mask in all indoor spaces and that includes venues at Evraz Place. We will continue to monitor and take our guidance from SHA and will adapt as we get closer to QCX.
DO WE HAVE TO BE VACCINATED?
No, but we encourage all to be vaccinated.
WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE 2022 QCX?
We will be returning to our early August dates for 2022. QCX 22 will be August 2-7, 2022.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE WITH THE MIDWAY (NORTH AMERICAN MIDWAY ENTERTAINMENT) PROVIDER?
Detailed Pandemic Program
- NAME staff self-screening and temperature checks prior to each shift
- Enhanced sanitizing and disinfecting, especially of high touch areas
- All Midway Rides will be sanitized on regular intervals
- Increased availability of hand sanitizing stations
- Facial coverings and glove use as recommended by the CDC
- Additional staff training and supervision on new protocols and best practices
- Physical distancing in queue lines and on rides
- Implementation of no-touch admission and/or cashless payment, where possible
- Substantial signage through-out the event that asked guests to social distance from others not in their party a minimum of six feet.
- Provide a Media Liaison that will communicate our positive and progressive programs.
- NAME Pandemic Safety Program Administrator will oversee the all facets of the program and ensure that high level set standards are enforced.
- North American Midway has retained Doctor Barry Eppley to oversee our entire Pandemic Safety Program and offer advice and assistance at a moment’s notice to so that NAME can offer beyond the scope of best practices for employee and customer safety.
Finally, all employees who need to cross the border into Canada will be participating in a mandatory 2-week quarantine period. All of the mandatory requirements outlined by the federal government will be observed including the use of the ArriveCan app and participation in the Switch Health testing.