Current Internal Job Opportunities
Select one of the current job opportunities from the menu below to view.
Chef de Partie
Summary of Duties:
The Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL), operating Evraz Place is hiring one permanent Chef de Partie to our kitchen staff. This position is responsible for leading a team in providing the highest quality and maximum production in all areas of food production and food service. The Chef de Parte (CDP) ensures the organization, cleanliness and sanitation of assigned work areas and equipment. The CDP also ensures that health and safety standards are followed during food preparation and food service. The CDP ensures food preparation and food service results in minimum food wastage or spoilage and maximum profitability
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high volume sports and entertainment, restaurant or hotel with emphasis on buffet, à la carte, production and room service experience.
- Red Seal Chef qualifications or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of buffet, a la carte, production and room service industry practices.
- Ability to work in an a la Carte style of dining as well as within a production kitchen
- Ability to lead a team in the preparation of breakfast, dinner, lunch and desserts in a la Carte or a production kitchen.
- Ability to use all kitchen equipment and to teach others proper and safe methods for using them.
- Excellent knife skills, as well as guiding staff for proper knife handling.
- Ability to plan work and delegate tasks in an efficient and respectful manner
- Ability to lead and build a team that his highly motivated and productive.
- Ability to lead a kitchen team in the most safe and productive manner.
- A passion for great food and a high level of skill in food preparation
- Ability to create menus, keeping up with the new trends and new ideas.
- Accurate measuring of food ingredients and portions.
Conditions of Employment/Other Information:
- Qualified applicants will be subject to submitting and maintaining a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- This position is an in-scope position under the RWDSU Collective Agreement.
- A complete job description is available upon request from: Human Resources, Administration Building
Demonstration of the Following Core Competencies:
- Customer focus; Results focus; Teamwork; Communication; Reliability and Dependability; Adaptability; Problem solving skills.
Employment Terms: Permanent Full-Time
Positions Available: 1
Hours of Work: Various shifts, days, evenings and weekends, according to business requirements.
Where to Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/C79F20BABA
We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun industry. For more information visit our website at www.evrazplace.com. Please submit resumes by March 18, 2020 via the link below.